Okay, I’m not only going to try to come up with ones from before my blogging days but ones that I haven’t mentioned or have barely mentioned before on this blog. So that means no Anne, Doctor Who, Terry Goodkind, Twilight or Ender, among others. I promise.
2. 1984 by George Orwell – The father of dystopian fiction before the term even existed. My freshman year English teacher gave me a copy of this book for reading the most books that year and I read it many times. It was one of the first times I was exposed to the idea of dystopian fiction and it has become one of my favorites.
3. The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emmuska Orczy – A story about a woman falling in love with the man who just happens to be her husband. I’ve only ever read the first book in the series but I loved it.
4. Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton – I loved this book. Wonderful read with all kind of scary business inside. One of the few books that I read after watching the movie. The books are so much better.
5. Matilda by Roald Dahl – One of the favorites of my childhood and she continues to be one of those characters that stay with me even though my childhood is long since past.
6. Roots by Alex Haley – Wonderful book about a family’s history from Africa to the modern day through history. Wonderful book that sparked the most watched mini-series of all time.
7. Redwall by Brian Jacques – I loved this book and the many others that followed. I actually am planning on rereading them again int he near future. They are such a good read. The only animal based books that I ever liked.
8. This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti – This book and the follow up really got me thinking about spiritual warfare in a whole new way. While it id definitely fiction, the idea behind an impression even years later.
9. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy – A book with hundreds of character to keep straight and a very complex storyline. I’ve read it a bunch of times and always seem to catch something new.
10. Wurthering Heights by Emily Bronte – A plot where the main characters only redeeming quality is how much they love each other. Other than that, they really have nothing good about them.
There are so many others I could mention on this list. If you are a blogger what would you list?