Okay, honestly this topic terrifies me a bit. I don’t really do light and fun. My view of something light and fun would make most people run for the hills because the kind of thing that I find fun is not at all what others find light fun reading. I think a lot of the reads in this category for me include things like classic literature or horror. Yah. I know. I’m strange. I’m going to attempt to write a list though.
1. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline – This is just a fun read if you are gamer, grew up in the 1980s or find dystopian novels fun. (Yah, number one on the list and there is already a dystopian novel. I’m in trouble).
2. The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Wiesberger – A book about a horrible boss and a girl’s attempt to deal with her. (yep. I fail at fun and light reads).
3. Jane Bites Back by Michael Thomas Ford – Hilarious book about Jane Austen trying to get published in the modern day. How is she still alive you ask? Simple. She’s a vampire. (great. Now I’m including books involving vampires – this is not working well)
4. Maps in a Mirror and Keeper of Dreams by Orson Scott Card -This man is the master of short stories. Short reads with something for everyone.. including one of the scariest stories I’ve ever read. (now I’m recommending scary stories… good job)
5. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer – umm… (*facepalm*)
THAT’S IT! I fail at this – completely!!
I kid you not, these were the immediate thoughts for fun light reads. Others included Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, The Sookie Stackhouse books, and A Series of Unfortunate Events. I think there is really something rather wrong with me….
I went through my list of read books on goodreads even and couldn’t come up with anything decent to list. Yep. No luck there either.
Anyone out there have actual light and fun reads to recommend? Since I apparently don’t do light or fun reads…