Honestly this one is going to be really easy because I don’t really care for books that have large amounts of traveling in them generally. Of course if I stretch the topic I think I might be able to come up with something… hmm… let’s see….
1. The Unexpected Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachael Joyce – This book is unique. Honestly most of the elements of this book are things that I typically don’t enjoy but this book is such a great story that even though it didn’t fit into my norm, I loved it. You can read my review here and another perspective here.
2. The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger – Technically about travel right? Okay, I don’t think this is what they meant but still technically fits the category so here it is. Time travel is the exception to the travel rule, for the most part.
3. Overseas by Beatriz Williams – Yep, time travel again. Science fiction for the win!
4. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis – This one is all about travel, to a fictional place but still about travel!
5. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien – The first trip across Middle Earth. Definitely an exception to the travel rule
6. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien – It takes three books to get that ring to Mount Doom but they eventually reach their destination.
7. The Child Thief by Brom – A twisted dark journey to Neverland, Not for the faint of heart, squeamish or easily offended.
8. The Oz series by Frank L. Baum – I’m not talking the movie (although it’s great) I’ve actually read these and they are a ton of fun and since the whole thing is following Dorothy through Oz, it counts as travel right?
9. Hind’s Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard – A journey of faith, I enjoyed this one much more than Pilgrim’s Progress because it was much easier to read and made me think more than Pilgrim’s Progress.
10. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’Engle – I love this book. I have always found the characters so interesting and easy to relate to. As they journey with the witches to save Charles Wallace, I often wonder if the author wrote this in response to fighting siblings as an example of how a sibling should act.
I really can’t believe actually came up with enough….