This is my personal list of shame. I simply had to have these books and get them read. Yet, for some reason, they are still sitting on my shelves. I haven’t touched them at all. They were bought with the best of intentions and I still plan on reading them but somehow – they are still waiting to be read.
1. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield – I must admit that the reason I picked this up was due to the fact that I read a fan fiction based on this book and something else. I thought the story line was very interesting and so I picked it up. I’ve had it in my bag, it has taken trips with me, and yet, I simply haven’t gotten there yet. Maybe someday…
2. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova – I have read her second book, after buying her first and never reading it. I still have it sitting on my shelves, just waiting to be read. However, all it is doing is sitting there – doing nothing. I think I may have even read a few pages once. I loved The Swan Thieves so much that I picked up a copy so I could read it again after having checked it out from the library. I really need to get to this one.
3. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon – I have had this series recommended to me time and time again. One of my good friends has raved about this book. I bought said book. I haven’t read said book. Not much more to it than that.
4. The Maze Runner series by James Dashner – I’ve checked these out from the library, more than once. I have yet to read any of them.
5. Insurgent by Veronica Roth – I’ve got it. I loved the first book. So excited about reading it. Haven’t read it yet. I think that I love having it sitting there waiting to be read. I know I’ll love it. I just can’t bring myself to read it – yet. I know I’ll get there soon.
6. The First Confessor by Terry Goodkind – I know right? Considering how much I rave about this author, it is a bit shocking that there is something on my list of things I haven’t ready yet by this wonderful writer. I simply haven’t gotten there yet.
7. Reached by Ally Condie – I was so excited about this book. I think I dread the idea that it’s over which is why I’ve been avoiding it.
8. The Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare – One of my favorite authors and yet her book is sitting on my shelves untouched. Honestly it’s simply because all I want to do right now is reread the first three books. I don’t think anything can match the angst that pours from those pages.
9. The Map of the Sky by Felix J. Palma – Sitting there in my dusty waist-high stack of new books waiting to be read.Yep. Still haven’t read it.
I often tell myself that I need to read all my library books so I can tackle these books. I’m never able to get to the bottom of my library pile before I break down, go in and find new things to read. I think I need to put a halt to all library visits until I tackle some of these… we’ll see if I’m successful.