1. Anna Karenina – Don’t get me wrong. This is one of my favorite books but Anna drives me a bit batty. So many times she could have had a simpler life and yet she chose time and time again to mess it up. Why could she not make a good choice once?
2. Jacob Black – The first time I read Twilight, I could stand him – kind of. Then I read New Moon and he was annoying. Then Eclipse happened. Whatever happened to the idea of doing what is best for the other person? Nope. Not Jacob Black. Instead lets manipulate the situation to get his way. When I read Breaking Dawn all I could thing was that Stephenie Meyer was much nicer to him than I would have been. (I might be team Edward – just for the record).
3. Hester Prynne – Just tell someone already. Seriously. The whole book was just not necessary.
4. Martha Jones – For all my fellow Whovians, I only include her because there ARE Doctor Who books. Martha how many ways can we say this? He’s just not that into you… seriously. Get a clue.
5. John Hammond – If you’ve read Jurassic Park, I don’t think I need to go further. However just in case you’ve only seen the movie I’ll explain. This man went into a business he had no reason to be in and still when everything was a mess he was planning to try again. He spent his time and money on all the wrong things. One programmer??? Really? I cheered when he bit the dust. Seriously. The movie version was much less annoying than the book one. Good call Spielberg, good call.
6. He-who-must- not.. forget it… VOLDEMORT – You mean Harry has to kill him exactly HOW many times? Seriously????
7. Arya – Seriously? After all that you aren’t going to go with Eragon? Really??? Can I say that if I ever meet Christopher Paolini I will give him a talking to about the end of the fourth book?? Four books of build up and then – nevermind I’m not going with you. Sorry. ARGH!!
8. Sookie Stackhouse – make. up. your. mind. already.
9. Julian ‘Bean’ Delphinki – His whole relationship with Petra. Love Bean but it seems like every time he makes me want to scream lots.
10. Katniss Everdeen – Many will disagree with me here. I know. This is why I leave this for last. Every time she makes a decision, except for the one to take her sister’s place. I love The Hunger Games but Katniss, think please. She frustrates me every time I read the books.